Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Hunting and Target Shooting

Despite having not heard any shooters around Tortugas Mountain in a few days I contacted the local director of the BLM yesterday to ask why dove-hunting is allowed so close to the trails behind the mountain.  He told me that the area is under NM Fish and Game regulations, and that it's legal to hunt and target shoot back there, trails included.  The BLM is trying to change that in a new tri-county RMP that would ban all shooting around Tortugas Mountain.  There's still time for public input on the matter, and I'll be submitting my two-cents worth of opinion very soon.



A Chihuahuan Raven

2 comments:

Dr. K said...

I can see that the ocotillo are starting to yellow out. The change of seasons is starting.

Scott said...

Make sure you put in your "two cents," Packrat.

I just sent a letter to my US representative about the situation in Syria. I've been thinking about it since last Friday, and I finally did it, probably because I read a quote suggesting that "What is the ocean made of besides a bunch of individual drops?" I don't know if my drop will make any difference, but at least I added it to the bigger ocean.

So...contact the BLM, and good luck!

The Low High Country

Morning sky Dr. K, Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, headed back home and finished packing for our trip to the high country, w...