Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, September 30, 2013

Pleasant Day/Crappy Mood

Yellow flowers carpet the desert
West of Tortugas Mountain
I'm glad it was really beautiful in the desert this morning, and that Becca and I got to enjoy a relaxing hike without bumping into anybody else.  I'm glad because I'm in a really crappy mood now due to the antics of an insanely dysfunctional U.S. Government that lurches from one manufactured crisis to another instead of buckling down and doing the job the American people elected them to do.  Is this really the best we can come up with in what is supposed to be the most powerful, most admired country on earth?

6 comments:

Dr. K said...

Packrat, I'm glad you were able to have a nice respite from from the craziness of the news.

JACQUELINE said...

Condolences. Sadly, our current lot are as bad.

Beautiful scenery!

Scott said...

Packrat: I didn't even turn on the radio this morning. I've had it up to here with this foolishness. I'm going to spend my time listening to pleasant music to try to lift my mood.

packrat said...

Thanks, Dr. K!

packrat said...

Yes, Jacqui, I know that you good folks Down Under are dealing with your own lunatic version of government.

packrat said...

Scott:

I'm going to try following your lead and listen to music instead of this political insanity. Sadly, I'm something of a political junkie.

:(

Before the Winds Came

Ocotillo blossoms We got a fairly early start this morning, saw the Basset people and their hounds while we descended LDR-A arroyo, saw a hu...