Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, September 27, 2013

Beautiful Desert

Black-tailed Jackrabbit (a true Hare)
I took 90 photos on our long hike today.  These are some of them.  I'm posting these really late today (9:14 pm), so I'm too tired to ID the pink flowers--which I've photographed and ID'd in the past.  Oh well.
Desert Cottontail

The city of Las Cruces, New Mexico

My favorite dog

Stingleaf and sky

Becca, Tortugas and the Organs

Cloudy desert sky

The highest peaks

Road to Tortugas Mountain

Still green

Sandy desert floor




Carpeted in amarillo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous colors. What beautiful postcards those would make.

Scott said...

When Tortugas is photographed in the shade the landscape almost looks lunar. I especially like the image, "The highest peaks."

packrat said...

Thank you, Ruby.

:)

packrat said...

Many thanks, Scott.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...