Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Late Hike

Path through the desert
Because of an appointment I had this morning Becca and I were several hours late getting on the trail this morning.  It's a good thing, too; that gave the sun a chance to climb a little higher in the cloudless sky.  And, by then, the wind had calmed somewhat.  It felt pretty chilly when Becca and I first went out into the backyard before sunrise to take care of business--her business, not mine.  60 Fahrenheit with a stiff wind.  So we pretty much enjoyed our moderately-long trek, although I'm still suffering a bit with allergies. 
Does this look comfortable?

Southwest flank of Tortugas Mountain

Yet another shady respite

3 comments:

Dr. K said...

It's good to see that those ocotillo still have their leaves.

Scott said...

Mid-40s in the mornings here of late, Packrat. And, allergies are driving me nuts, too!

packrat said...

I don't mind the mid- nor the low-40s, Scott. I even do pretty well in the mid-30s. Dr. K, on the other hand, doesn't appreciate the cold.

The Low High Country

Morning sky Dr. K, Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, headed back home and finished packing for our trip to the high country, w...