Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Back to Tortugas

Descending into the lower desert
It was darned cold when Becca and I headed out this morning (24 F).  Unfortunately, the "cold" Dr. K has been battling the past week-and-a-half has finally been passed along to me.  Yesterday I had no voice.  Today I was able to croak out a "hello" to JC and Shaque when we ran into them on the trail.  I've been taking DayQuil and NyQuil for the past few days, but I don't know if they're doing any good.  I should be taking QuillQuil--after all, I am a writer. 
Despite the early-morning cold somebody is hot-air ballooning

Coming down

Sunny but cold

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Too bad it's as cold in the low desert in the morning as it is in the high desert.

Low Country and then High

This & next:  Pyrrhuloxia (aka Desert Cardinal) Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, returning afterward to finish packing fo...