Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Warmer but Colder

Last night's sunset
25 F (-3.88 C) when we started off around Tortugas this morning, a bit warmer than yesterday.  But today there was a significant wind, which made it feel really cold.  I never removed any of the three layers I was wearing on my trunk, and only at the end of the hike did I remove my ear flaps and gloves.  While we were hiking west of the mountain Becca walked right past the Jackrabbit pictured below, who was hiding in a bush beside the trail.  The Jack didn't dash off until I came abreast of it, and even then it didn't go far--just far enough to feel safe.
Getting an early start west of Tortugas

Missed opportunity

Brer Jackrabbit

Devil's Claw and mountain bike tire tracks

When I'm taking photos I feel she's calling me "Pokerat"

2 comments:

Dr. K said...

It's amazing that Becca didn't see that jackrabbit. She's usually so keen-eyed.

Scott said...

Great sunset image, Packrat.

I can't believe that Becca doesn't smell the wildlife, even if she doesn't see it.

Grand Old Grand View Trail

Early morning moon Willow got an early morning surprise today; when we came back down the drive after her constitutional we stopped at the p...