Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Another Lost-in-Thought Post

Packrats, Jackrabbits and Javelinas will eat Prickly Pear pads.  Yum.
Often I'll use part of our hike to reflect on the writing I'm doing, but only rarely do I spend the whole time so occupied.  But I've been doing some heavy revising on a novel I've been working on for years, and this morning I pretty much thought about it for the entire hike.  I did manage to take a few photographs, which I've posted here.  Needless to say, I hope all this revision I'm doing has some beneficial payoff.
Becca spots a passel of other dogs

Trail to the lower desert

Becca on said trail

3 comments:

Dr. K said...

It's amazing how many animals can eat the prickly pear pads, spikes and all.

Scott said...

When I was still able to run, I'd sometimes (if I was having a good run) get completely lost in thoughts about projects at work or vacation plans. I recall on more than one occasion that I'd reach a signaled intersection and, while waiting for the light to change, I'd say to myself, "How did I get here so fast?" of "I don't remember those last two miles at all!"

packrat said...

I know the feeling, Scott. It makes you wish you could start all over again.

Hump Day Hawk

Tortugas and the Organs We got a fairly early start this morning so it wasn't hot at all:  62F.  The cloud cover helped the temperature ...