Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Becca's Best Behavior

Starting on the west side of Tortugas Mountain
I was really proud of Becca this morning during our many encounters with other people.  One guy hiking with a woman (his wife?) said to me after I made Becca lie at the side of the trail, "Too bad we can't get children to behave like that."  Becca was also on her best behavior when we bumped into mountain bikers, and she was incredibly obedient when we met a large group of kids--soccer players--who were carrying soccer balls as they ran up the road to the top of Tortugas Mountain.
Chihuahuan Desert scene

Monitoring people on the mountain

Break in a sandy arroyo

Heading up the Crosscut Trail

Do I look like Wile E. Coyote?

Beep-beep

Greater Roadrunner

Keeping a close eye on the interlopers

Soccer team running up the mountain road

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I like the photo of Becca and the roadrunner.

The Low High Country

Morning sky Dr. K, Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, headed back home and finished packing for our trip to the high country, w...