Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Conversation with a Coyote

When Becca and I were returning from our afternoon drive a few minutes ago I turned down a neighborhood street and immediately spotted a small Coyote at the side of the road.  It was limping quite heavily on its front left leg; nevertheless, I was surprised when it let me pull the car right beside him.  I lowered the driver-side window and said, "Are you hurt?"  He limped off into the desert a little ways, but not far.  I wished I could have done something for him, but unless you're trained to deal with such situations it's best to avoid direct contact.  Heading home afterwards it occurred to me how ridiculous my question to him was.  "Are you hurt?" indeed.  I might just as well have asked him:  "¿Hablas espaƱol?"


1 comment:

Dr. K said...

You have a good heart, Packrat.

The Low High Country

Morning sky Dr. K, Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, headed back home and finished packing for our trip to the high country, w...