Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Uneventful Thursday

Squiggly portion of foothills trail
As the blog title suggests, not much happened on our long trek west of Tortugas Mountain this morning.  The only really interesting thing was an early encounter with a woman and her distinctive-looking dog, which, from a distance, looked to be a German Shorthaired Pointer, but turned out to be a German Wirehaired Pointer--a breed I'd never seen before.  He was a handsome cuss who got along swell with Becca during their brief interaction.
All dog all the time


Coming back in toward Tortugas

Tortugas and the Organs

El Paso's Franklin Mountains

Road toward the mountains

Didn't notice the hiker when I took this long-distance shot

3 comments:

Scott said...

You should've gotten a picture of Becca's newest boyfriend; I don't know that breed, either.

Dr. K said...

Even an uneventful hike is a great way to start the day.

packrat said...

I should have, Scott, but I'm always a little reluctant to ask people if I may photograph their dogs. :)

Low Country and then High

This & next:  Pyrrhuloxia (aka Desert Cardinal) Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, returning afterward to finish packing fo...