Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Pre-Resupply Hike

Not a Christmas tree, but dead Ocotillo (Foquieria splendens) flowers
Had to cut the hike down a bit this morning because of my weekly shopping chores, but it was a good thing I did; Becca started limping slightly with about an eighth mile to go.  When I got back from Target and Albertsons she was limping so badly I immediately gave her a Rimadyl.  I'll have to remove her from the trekking circuit for a few days in order to monitor her condition.  Right now she's sleeping in her favorite spot in the patio enclosure, and I'm glad she's staying off her paws.
Down the single-track next to the old rutted single-track

Merging back onto the old single-track

Heading south on the road around Tortugas

Soaptree Yucca and Ocotillo

Growing side-by-side

Here they are

Soaptree Yucca with odd stalks

Christmas Cholla (Opuntia leptocaulis)

Christmas Cholla with fruit

Which size yucca slipper do you wear?

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

That's a funny caption about the yucca slipper, Packrat. That's exactly what it looks like.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...