Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, April 11, 2019

Crown Me

Yucca like a beacon
I had to cut our morning hike short today because of a 10:00 a.m. appointment at the dentist's office; I was going in to try for a second time to get a permanent crown on an upper molar.  The first one wasn't made properly so I had to get another one made.  For three weeks I wore a temporary crown, went in to get the new one only to be told of the imperfection in the first new permanent crown.  The dentist made a new impression for the new crown and to fashion a second temporary crown, which I wore for two weeks more.  I now have a brand new crown installed, and I feel very much like a king.
Inadvertently captured a hiker climbing the mountain

Yuccas in B&W

Desert bushwhacking

On a ridge west of the mountain

The trail west of Tortugas runs through here

Same trail west of Tortugas

Trail to the switcbacks

Becca leading the way

Three separate Claret Cup Hedgehogs

This and the next:  Claret Cup flowers


1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I like the photos where the desert is in both sun and shadow.

The Wilster and Me

Organ Mountains from Baylor Canyon Road We had to wait for a plumber from Sun City Plumbing to change out the hose bib next to the garage; f...