Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, April 29, 2019

The Measure of Monday

Imagine all these in bloom
Becca and I got a very early start on our morning trek west of Tortugas Mountain.  As we were hiking on this gorgeous late-April morning I told myself to make a conscious effort not to take too many photographs.  Oh well--guess I can't help myself; but what do you expect when there are so many beautiful desert plants flowering?

Good thing I have a patient dog, though, one who doesn't mind waiting while I snap countless numbers of photographs.  Half the time she finds something to sniff anyway, so my constant stopping is a bonus for her, too.

As we rounded the final bend on the last leg of our outing this morning we were pleased to see our pal Jimmy advancing in our direction.  Becca practically ran to greet him since Jimmy is her long-time desert friend.  He's always so kind to her, and she recognizes a human who truly loves animals.  He and I had a good chat about many different subjects before we went our separate ways.
Closer look

What a subtle color

More pink than orange

Strawberry Hedgehog bud

Mormon Tea flower

Hangers-on

This and the next 2:  Strawberry Hedgehog Cactus flowering



Prickly Pear flowers

Same flower from a different perspective

Hairy-Seed Bahia?

Strawberry Hedgehog bud opening

Two of three ain't bad

A beaut

Smaller than a golf ball Devil's Head

Prickly Pear flower

Headed back

Checking the territory

Strawberry Hedgehog buds

Closer look at those buds

Growing at the side of a steep gully

Beautiful Strawberry Hedgehog flowers

Ocotillo growing beside Crucifixion Thorn

Meh

Prickly Pear blossoms

Ocotillo flowers

Beautiful color of this Prickly Pear flower

Ocotillo flower

This and the next 3:  soon-to-be Soaptree Yucca flowers




1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I'm glad Becca was so patient while you were taking these beautiful photos, Packrat. I love the different peachy-shades of the prickly pear blossoms.

Before the Winds Came

Ocotillo blossoms We got a fairly early start this morning, saw the Basset people and their hounds while we descended LDR-A arroyo, saw a hu...