Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, April 1, 2019

Post-Weekend Trek (aka Monday)

Becca moseying along the foothills trail
Becca and I got an early start on a moderately long hike this Monday morning, and it was relatively uncrowded because NMSU has resumed classes after spring break just ended.  We did see a woman and her dog hiking up the mountain road, and later, when we had climbed up to the road to photograph a stand of yuccas, we encountered a man and his black dog who we bump into fairly often on the west side of the mountain.  He asked if I'd seen any interesting wildlife, and I said, "I haven't, though I keep hearing a Scott's Oriole singing."  He headed up the mountain then, and Becca and I took off the other way.  It was a beautiful morning even though it felt much colder than yesterday when I brought gloves along, but never used them; today I didn't bring gloves and could have used them.
More Torrey Yuccas in bloom

Different perspective of the same yuccas

Claret Cup Hedgehog Cactus

A different Claret Cup

Yuccas blooming up the mountain

The long view

Rugged territory

This and the next 3:  more blossoming yuccas




3-flycatcher yucca

Heading back

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Beautiful photos of the Torrey Yuccas, Packrat. It's amazing how many are blooming so early in the year.

Rim Trail Trek

Just starting off on Rim Trail 105 this morning We decided to drive to Sunspot and hike the Rim Trail which starts near the Apache Point tur...