Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, June 10, 2019

A Cold Rain


It started raining at about 6:25 this morning, coming down really hard most of the time until 9:00.  Doppler radar indicated a temporary clearing then that made me believe, mistakenly, that Becca and I could get in a short hike before the sky let loose again.

It was raining while we drove over to the west side of Tortugas, but lightened up a bit when we started hiking.  About a half mile in, though, the rain started falling hard, and by the time we got back to Whitey the CR-V both of us were completely soaked.  Fortunately Dr. K was waiting at home with thick, dry towels, and she was able to dry Ms. Becca off pretty well.  I had to fend for myself.  The trek was especially miserable because the temperature, which was 59F when we headed out, felt as if it dropped about 10 degrees while we were hiking, and the rain was very cold.

The rain is supposed to clear out by tomorrow, and I'm sure we're probably in for a hot, humid day here in the northern Chihuahuan Desert


1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I can't remember seeing our backyard as flooded as it is this morning. An early start to our monsoon season?

Low Country and then High

This & next:  Pyrrhuloxia (aka Desert Cardinal) Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, returning afterward to finish packing fo...