Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, June 2, 2019

Close Encounter

Organ Mountains from the Sierra Vista Trail--OMDPNM
Don't know what's wrong with Blogger today, but I've had all kinds of trouble uploading photos.  I was finally able to post these three, so I'm giving up for the day (it's 5:27 p.m. now).

Needless to say the title of this blog post had to do with the extra-large Western Diamondback rattler we had a close encounter with; Becca passed within a few feet of it at the side of the trail.  The rattler registered his dislike of her presence by rattling and coiling as if to strike.  Fortunately we stayed clear.  We also gave a warning to a woman coming up behind us with her dog; she'd already seen another rattler earlier in their hike.
Becca and Dr. K taking a break

The large Western Diamondback with whom we had a very close encounter

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

That rattler was pretty determined to make us keep our distance--and so we did. Snakes give me the creeps.

Early Early Hike

Old Soaptree Yucca seed pod Because I had a 10 a.m. doctor's appointment today Dr. K, Willow and I got a very early start on our trek:  ...