Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, December 28, 2019

About 50 Percent

Entrance road, Sunset Area, Tortugas Mountain Trails
Today is the first time since the 24th that I was able to get out and do a short hike west of Tortugas Mountain.  I felt pretty sick during those intervening days, and I had no urge at all to try getting outside.  Weather conditions weren't ideal this morning, but I didn't freeze my butt off, either.  Only one other vehicle occupied the Sunset Area parking lot when I arrived, but it was far more crowded by the time I returned.

I'd estimate my physical condition to be about 50% of normal, and now, after doing a fairly short trek, I feel pretty tired.  Going to take it easy the rest of the day.
Sky at start of hike

This and the next:  west of the mountain


This and the next 3:  Franklin Mountains (El Paso, Texas)




A favorite sandy spot

Layers

Doña Ana Mountains

Ominous at times this morning

Ocotillos, Yucca and the Organ Mountains

Picacho Peak

The Robledos

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I love that photo of Picacho Peak, Packrat. All of these shots are beautiful, even though you weren't feeling very well.

Friday Free-For-All

Soaptree Yucca at the side of LDR-A We got an early start this morning, but not as early as the Basset people and their hounds who we spotte...