Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, December 8, 2019

Sunday Solo

Sky at start
I trekked on my own this morning because Dr. K and a few good friends were attending the La Casa (women's shelter) Christmas bazaar at the convention center.  I did a fairly long hike, but stuck to the beaten-track trails west of Tortugas Mountain.

On the road heading west I ran into two women hiking with their dogs, and, lo and behold, one of the dogs was Rayo.  The woman walking him was Renee's wife, who I'd never met before.  Both women were very nice, encouraging me to get another dog after I told them Becca had died almost four months ago.

I encountered a few other outdoor enthusiasts on my way back to Whitey the CR-V, and I was surprised to see how crowded the Sunset Area parking lot and entrance road were for this early on a Sunday morning.  Didn't see anybody I know, though.
You can see the Rio Grande at center-right

This and the next 3:  sky over the Organ Mountains




Rugged foothills just west of Tortugas Mountain

Heavy clouds between here and the Franklin Mountains

Long-disused fire pit

Some blue sky

Looking south

Roiling clouds

West of Tortugas

Black-tailed Jackrabbit

Picacho Peak in sunlight

Wild clouds this morning

Gap between Bishop Cap (left) and the Franklin Mountains

This one with "smart fix"

Without "smart fix"

Rabbit-ear clouds

10 crappers

Part of Las Cruces, New Mexico and Picacho Peak

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Those photos of the early-morning sky over the Organs are gorgeous, Packrat.

Before the Winds Came

Ocotillo blossoms We got a fairly early start this morning, saw the Basset people and their hounds while we descended LDR-A arroyo, saw a hu...