Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Clouds Mean Rain Today

A huge Torrey Yucca just west of Tortugas Mountain
I was feeling really crappy this morning when I set off for a trek west of Tortugas Mountain; I went for a hike even though I probably shouldn't have, but no exercise always makes my body feel pretty awful.  I've got either a cold or a virus:  sore throat, slight headache and, this morning, almost no voice.

Although there were a few other crazies out and about this morning I ran into only one mountain biker.  I ended up going further than I had planned, but I didn't do any bushwhacking.  Although the temperature was 40F when I set off it felt much colder because there was no sun, and a slight breeze added to the chill.  You can see from the images here that old Sol never made an appearance, and the forecast for later this afternoon calls for rain.  At least I didn't get wet this morning.
Soaptree Yuccas

The long view

Bishop Cap (left) and the Franklin Mountains near El Paso

Glimpse of the Organs

This and the next 2:  looking south while heading west



This and the next 3:  gap in the Organ Mountains




Prickly Pear, Soaptree Yucca and Creosote Bushes

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Those photos of the sun shining in the gap in the Organ Mountains are beautiful.

Hump Day Hawk

Tortugas and the Organs We got a fairly early start this morning so it wasn't hot at all:  62F.  The cloud cover helped the temperature ...