Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, December 10, 2019

After the Rainout

This and the next:  sky at start
No blog post yesterday due to the rainout; it wasn't until about 2 p.m. that I got to get outside and do a walk around the neighborhood.

Today was much better, though, despite the cold (38F) and mostly cloudy start.  While I was hiking an upper-level wind pushed most of the cloud cover out, leaving enough clouds behind to create a very dynamic sky.

I did a fairly long trek, bushwhacking into the outback for a good ways before heading back in.  By then it had become warm enough for me to remove my vest and just rely on my Marmot PreCip to block the cool breeze.  Although there were other outdoor enthusiasts on and about the mountain I didn't see anybody I knew.

Went straight from my hike to Target and Albertsons for the weekly shopping trip to resupply the ranch with necessary staples.  
#2

Picacho Peak and part of Las Cruces

Along the foothills trail

This and the next:  foggy Mesilla Valley


This and the next:  clouds and the Organ Mountains


This and the next:  2 views of the same Torrey Yucca


This and the next:  clouds in the Organs


Single-track between two dirt roads

Clouds in the Doña Ana Mountains

This and the rest:  clouds and the Organ Mountains








1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I love both photos of the Torrey Yucca. And once again you have taken some gorgeous shots of the clouds in the Organ mountains.

Low Country and then High

This & next:  Pyrrhuloxia (aka Desert Cardinal) Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, returning afterward to finish packing fo...