Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, December 14, 2019

Hare Today Hare Tomorrow

This and the next:  Loggerhead Shrike
Did a moderately long trek this morning with less bushwhacking involved than yesterday.  Didn't see anybody in the outback, but several runners passed me on my way back in.  In the first instance, a young guy and woman were jogging with their dog.  As they passed the guy said to me, "It's a beautiful day, isn't it?"  I agreed.  When the young woman passed, she said, "Happy hiking!"  I laughed and said, "Thanks."

The Sunset Area parking lot was about half full when I got back there, and only a few vehicles were stationed alongside the entrance road.  So--for a Saturday morning--it wasn't very crowded.

On the way home I made a detour over to Albertsons to pick up a few items, including two dCon mouse traps.  Dr. K and I think we may have a few rodents living in our garage.  We should find out soon enough if that's the case.

House Finch on a Torrey Yucca

Torrey Yucca

Soaptree Yucca stalks and the moon

This and the next 7:  same Black-tailed Jackrabbit








Tortugas (left) and the Organs

Soaptree Yucca

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

That jackrabbit must have really trusted you to let you photograph it so much.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...