Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Wildlife Worries


Before we'd even left COC this morning, Research Associate Becca had discovered a baby rabbit on the grounds.
I made a cardboard tent to stand over the rabbit because I was worried it would bake in the sun.
Wildlife rehabilitators advise not to do anything unless the animal is injured, but it's hard to ignore such a helpless little critter.
On our field trip around Tortugas Mountain later, we came upon this gopher snake, who seemed untroubled by our presence.
Closeup of the snake's beautiful markings.

2 comments:

Dr. K said...

This baby rabbit is so cute!

I'm glad you didn't run into a rattler.

Unknown said...

wow--what a cute little bunny. I hope it does OK...

The Lowdown

Willow looking over her domain Forest hike this morning.  Back to the cabin to pack.  Drive down the mountain to the lower desert where we a...