Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Pre-Shopping-Day Hike

So eager for a break, she took one in the sun
We shortened our hike a little this morning because I had to go shopping afterward.  Although the weather was gorgeous we saw nobody else around Tortugas Mountain.  There was only one car in the parking lot when we got back.  The tiny yellow bird in the last two images was very difficult to photograph because it was really flightly, flitting from branch to branch before finally taking off.  I've already spent a lot of time trying to identify it, but no luck yet.  (It might be a female Common Yellowthroat.)
Soaptree Yucca in front of Tortugas Mountain

You can barely see Becca waiting for me (center)

Zoom in, and there she is

Tiny yellow bird in the Mesquite Tree in front of our place

Taking flight (Could it be a female Common Yellowthroat?)

4 comments:

Dr. K said...

What a beautiful yellow color on that bird.

Scott said...

It certainly could be a female Common Yellowthroat.

Our woods are full of migrating warblers right now. I don't spend much time trying to identify them because (1) they're only here for a few days before they head north and (2) they're high up in the developing foliage and very difficult to spot.

packrat said...

Scott: I wish I could have taken better photos of the little bugger, but it was hopping around like it had had one too many cups of coffee that morning.

Caroline said...

Beautiful photos!

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...