Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Warming Trend

Claret Cup Cactus
Even though it was 37 F again today when we set off things quickly warmed up.  Less than halfway through the hike I had to take my anorak off.  Not surprisingly, there were a lot of other people enjoying the great outdoors.  Two times we ran into a woman jogger who had already circled the mountain and looked to be on her way around again.  When I asked if she was going to make another circuit, she said, "No, just part of it.  Maybe in the near future I'll be able to go around twice."  She's a regular out there, so I don't doubt she'll meet her goal. 
Becca sees someone jogging on the mountain

Rest spot #1

Looking back up the trail we just descended

Light overcast, but mostly sunny

Rest spot #2

Becca spots something of great interest

It's an equestrian

A woman with a beautiful horse and a dog in the lead

They head down a trail away from us

Bishop's Cap

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

A nice day for hiking and riding horses.

Mostly Cloudy

At the trailhead Even though it was cloudy this morning Willow didn't seem much into the daily hike.  At the junction where we usually m...