Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Biting Wind

View through the back window
When I first took Becca out to do her business this morning it was the coldest I've felt in some time:  25 F with a staunch wind.  Dr. K and I decided we'd all be best off if we stuck to the Grand View Trail because of the lousy conditions, and because the trailhead is only a fifteen-minute drive from our place.  The hike turned out much better than we could have hoped, primarily because we were pretty much shielded from the wind.  So even though it was cold, the sun was shining brightly, and we did a brisk trek without encountering anybody else.
About a quarter of the way on the Grand View Trail

Junipers on the edge of a rocky ravine

Warming up in the sunlight

White Sands is obscured due to heavy winds

Becca and Dr. K at the midway point (notice the haze)

Heading back

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

We were lucky that the winds died down in the afternoon, making for a pleasant, sunny day.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...