Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, August 25, 2014

Early Risers

First light
Because I had a 9:30 appointment to have my teeth cleaned this morning I got up at 5:00 so that Becca and I could do an unabbreviated hike.  It was nice out there:  cool and windy, yet still quite humid.  There were other people hiking already including two men and a woman with a pack of dogs.  One dog--"Timmy"--was especially interested in Becca and made a foray in our direction, but Timmy's mama kept hollering for him to return to the pack.  Timmy ignored her until mama blew a whistle and got his attention good.
Morning sun bathes the Doña Ana Mountains

Pushing ahead on the foothills trail

The flank of Tortugas Mountain and the Organ Mountains

Which came first--the Yucca or the Ocotillo?

Long shadow indicates just how early it is

Returning to the mountain

Critter hunter

What a sky!

8 comments:

Scott said...

First image is especially nice.

Hey, I had my teeth cleaned this morning, too! Given the time difference, we were at the mercy of our hygienists at exactly the same moment.

Dr. K said...

Nice photos of the early-morning sky. Almost worth it to get up so early in the morning.

packrat said...

That's truly funny, Scott.

When I stepped out of the shower after our morning hike I sneezed seven times in a row--not a good omen for an upcoming teeth-cleaning episode. Fortunately, I was okay by the time I got in there, but I've had times when I've felt as if I were drowning in post nasal drip while having my choppers picked at.

:)

JACQUELINE said...

Spectacular cloud photos! Also, love the one of the sun on the mountains. You were well compensated for getting up early.

JACQUELINE said...

367

JACQUELINE said...

208

JACQUELINE said...

Obviously having trouble with the capcha

packrat said...

I thought it was some type of code I had to decipher, Jacqui.

:)

Thanks.

Before the Winds Came

Ocotillo blossoms We got a fairly early start this morning, saw the Basset people and their hounds while we descended LDR-A arroyo, saw a hu...