Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, July 20, 2015

Still Experimenting

Wet rabbit sheltering during yesterday's storm
It's going to take a while to get used to my new camera, but I'm working on it.  Becca and I took a moderately-long hike on the west side of Tortugas Mountain this morning, and I was shooting images like a paparazzo.  No formal complaints from any of the critters I photographed, though.  After yesterday's late-afternoon shower we had to deal with stifling humidity, and the atmosphere is still laden with moisture now.  We could well get thunderstorms again this afternoon.
Curve-billed Thrasher on the trail this morning

Becca in the sun

Becca in the shade

Not quite enough shadow to cover everything

Western slope of Tortugas Mountain

The narrow track we're hiking

Into the lower desert once again

Macro experiments:  on Prickly "Pears"

On rock

On Ocotillo leaves

Now that's shade

Organ Mountains

Stand of Ocotilos

Desert Cottontail not much into hiding


Ladderback Woodpecker really getting into its job

Those talons can cling to anything

Did I forget to drill down there?

Craning one's neck
About time I got my head out

The ladder back


1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Really good photos of the ladder back woodpecker. It's amazing the way it blends into the background.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...