Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Pleasant Sunday Trek

Rugged eastern face of Tortugas Mountain
Dr. K, Becca and I ran into three other outdoor enthusiasts behind Tortugas Mountain this morning, a hiker and two runners.  One of the runners was a guy named Pete who's been running around the mountain for three years (not perpetually).  We did a long hike behind and far west of the mountain, which is the normal one we usually do when we trek this side of Tortugas.  The weather was pleasant, though "warming up nicely" the longer we were out there.  We're supposed to hit 82F today, which is slightly above average.
Trail behind the mountain

Trail that wraps around Tortugas Mountain

Looking back at the way we just came

Break time on a gravelly embankment

Near the far point of today's trek

Want to come to my pad?

Dr. K and Becca heading back

Don't mess with Stingleaf

Way way ahead of the pack

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I'm glad I returned home from my trip in time to take this relaxing hike with you and Becca, Packrat.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...