Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Resupplying the Ranch

Some type of garter snake?
On resupply day we have to get an early start on our morning hike, and then cut it a little short because I like to get to Target and Albertsons early and get out fast.  I have a list of items I need to buy, and I don't care for dilly-dallying around in stores just to satisfy my curiosity about what else may be on display for sale.  To be totally honest I'm just not that curious about items in the supermarkets.  Certainly I'm a hundred times more curious about the things Becca and I see on our treks.
The Potrillos

Straight shot to the horizon

Waiting patiently

Creosote Bushes and Ocotillos

Heading north on an old dirt road

Just another desert landscape shot

The distant Organ Mountains

A near replica of the previous pic

Hard to see Becca's expression from here

Oh--it's that one

Later in the morning it sprinkled a little

Picacho Peak (left) and an iceberg

Pale Robledo Mountains

Can't tell if I prefer this one more . . .

. . . than this one

Doña Ana Mountains

Crossing a small arroyo west of Tortugas Mountain

Cevallia sinuata (aka "Stingleaf")

Virga over the Organs

Wooly Paperflower

Paperflower

Wooly Paperflower

A little clearing

Variegated Fritillary

Barrel Cactus fruit

Headed up the mountain

Doña Ana Mountains

Cholla fruit

Stingleaf

Soaptree Yucca about to bloom again

Flower buds of the Soaptree Yucca

Soaptree Yucca flower stalk

Opening soon

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Hard to believe you took a shorter hike, Packrat, because you have such good photos in this post. I especially like the photos of the stingleaf flowers.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...