Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

New Camera

First photo just west of Tortugas
I bought a new bridge camera--a FijuFilm S9900W--and spent much of the morning hike experimenting with it.  It'll probably take me several weeks to understand the device completely.  I probably could have used my old FujiFilm camera for a few more years, but one of the latches on the camera compartment door broke and I couldn't repair it.  I've been masking-taping the door shut for the past week or so.  I can tell by the images I've posted today that the 16:9 aspect ratio isn't going to work well for the blog.  More experiments ahead.
Down the single-track

Pausing while I fiddle around with camera settings

First macro shot

Telephoto of the Organ Mountains

I used a 16:9 aspect ratio in all these images

Experimenting with the zoom

Near the south end of the Crosscut Trail

I'm guessing fox

Obviously I need more work on the macro function

Waiting patiently while I play with the new camera

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

The photo of the decaying fox skeleton is kind of creepy. The cycle of life and death.

Behind the Cabin

Early early morning in the Sacramentos Strenuous hike behind the cabin this morning.  We were going to head for even higher ground to do a s...