Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, September 14, 2019

Grey Day

The "New Trail"
I took a long hike west of Tortugas Mountain early this morning, and all during my trek it seemed as if it might rain at any moment; it didn't.  Even though the sun remained hidden by clouds the humidity was high, making for a slightly uncomfortable outing.

Not surprisingly quite a few people were on and about the mountain, and I ran into a few of them on my return to the trailhead.  The Sunset Area was jam-packed when I got back there, and I wondered if it had something to do with our local college football team hosting the San Diego State Aztecs this evening; often fans of the opposing team are out around the mountain getting in their early morning exercise.

For whatever reason my sense of loss regarding Becca hit very hard this morning, and I was deeply saddened for nearly the entire trek.  I guess that happens when your constant companion of thirteen years is gone for good, though why now, nearly a month after her death, I'm so emotional about her demise I cannot say.
Single-track west

Say's Phoebe

Huge, old Ocotillo

Desert Marigold

This and the next:  same Ocotillo from different perspectives


This and the next:  different settings on images of the Organs


Loop road around the mountain

Hedgehog in autumn

Narrow arroyo west of Tortugas

This and the next 5:  desert west of the mountain





Trailing Four O'Clock

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I love the images where the sun is breaking through the clouds.

Grand Old Grand View Trail

Early morning moon Willow got an early morning surprise today; when we came back down the drive after her constitutional we stopped at the p...