Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Pre-Errand Solo

At the cabin
I posted no blog yesterday because I had to drive up to our cabin to meet a worker from DeWitt Pest Control.  He never showed.  That company cost me five hours of my time, and they never called while I was up there to say why he didn't make it.

This morning I took a longish trek west of Tortugas Mountain, stopping to take some photos along the way.  The only person I encountered was Pete, the runner, who passed me heading down the trail to the lower desert.  We exchanged morning pleasantries.

When I got home I showered and headed over to Target and Albertsons for grocery shopping and general resupply purchases.  Construction around the University/Telshor/Lohman roadways is starting to become a serious impediment to easy travel.  There's talk of "roundabouts," and they will take mucho tiempo to build.
I think it's Turpentine Bush

Haynes Canyon

Incoming

Stop looking down at me, I'm fine

Across the Rio Grande

Experiment





Flank of Tortugas and the Organs

To the lower desert

Heading down

Deep arroyo alongside the trail

Two views:  color and . . .

. . . black-and-white

Devil's Claw

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

That Devil's Claw looks like a modern sculpture--I really like it.

Hump Day Hawk

Tortugas and the Organs We got a fairly early start this morning so it wasn't hot at all:  62F.  The cloud cover helped the temperature ...