Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, September 17, 2012

Baby Bird and a Hike

A baby Scott's Oriole female?
We discovered this baby bird in our yard before leaving on a hike this morning.  I was tempted to take it to Chihuahuan Desert Wildlife Rescue, as I've done for other critters in the past, but Dr. K suggested I wait until Becca and I returned from our trek to monitor the situation.  The baby bird was gone.  I looked for it everywhere, but couldn't find it.  I suppose that could be good or bad news.  I didn't find any errant feathers, though, so I'm assuming it wasn't breakfast for a cat.

Becca at work

On the outer loop road

3 comments:

Dr. K said...

What a beautiful bird--I hope it was able to fly away.

Scott said...

Seems a little late in the year for a young fledgling, but maybe not for your biome. I've got Sedge Wrens nesting in my fields--they'd better grow pretty fast!

packrat said...

We have Sedge Wrens in New Mexico, too, Scott, but I didn't know that until I Googled.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...