Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, October 29, 2012

A Lengthy Trek

Becca on break
The Beckster and I did a long hike on the west side of Tortugas Mountain this morning.  On the way back we ran into Becca's good buddy, Jimmy, who told us about his three-week jaunt through the west.  He and his wife looked at homes in Bend, Oregon, but he said they were outrageously expensive.  He liked Boise, too, but, apparently, it's a big city now.  They came back through Utah, which reminded me of the times I've been there, and how incredibly beautiful parts of that state are.
Miles from the break point

Stingleaf flower (Cevallia sinuata, Stickleaf Family)

1 comment:

Scott said...

Stingleaf, huh...? I wonder where it got that name...?

Kali and I had conceptually considered Bend for retirement (we'd been there many years ago, but not lately). I guess it's good to learn that it's become very expensive and that our choosing Ft. Collins might have been a good choice. Boise (in my opinion) is a small, manageable city along the lines of Las Cruces; I guess Jim wants to get away from it all!

Views from the Grand View

Sacramentos We did the Grand View Trail this morning, surprised that nobody else was there on a Sunday morning.  We hiked the entire first l...