Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Back From the East


Becca on the trail south of Tortugas Mountain
Dr. K, Becca and I did a long hike out of the Monte Vista trailhead around Tortugas Mountain.  I hadn't hiked in four days, so it was nice to stretch my legs.  I just returned last night from a trip to Pennsylvania and Ohio, and over the course of the next few days I'll be posting some of the photos I took back there.  On the trail today Becca spooked a couple of Mule Deer who made tracks straight up the steepest side of the mountain, causing Dr. K to comment on the nimbleness of the animals.
A young Mule Deer doe heading up the mountain


The young Mule Deer buck who accompanied the doe up Tortugas


3 comments:

Dr. K said...

It's great to have you back, Packrat.

Scott said...

Very handsome deer! It's good to have you back, Packrat. I'd forgotten that you said you were going to be back East for a few days. I'm looking forward to seeing you Ohio/PA images--after my electricity comes back on...

packrat said...

I hope you, Kali and your preserve are safe, Scott.

Low Country and then High

This & next:  Pyrrhuloxia (aka Desert Cardinal) Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, returning afterward to finish packing fo...