Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, October 22, 2012

Once and Future Snake


Snake skin
When we started off this morning Becca went off trail to check something out.  At first it looked like chaff from a Yucca or a ribbon of clear plastic.  But when I saw her shy away from it I had to investigate.  It was skin a snake had shed.  Interesting, though, because I'd never seen snake skin that had been shed partially down a hole.  We saw Mr. Tacoma (drives a Toyota truck) hiking down the mountain, and later we watched him driving his vehicle across the desert.  (My camera is starting to sound like an old, rusty machine.)
Closeup of skin in hole


Snake skin avoider

Familiar scene

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Interesting to see that snake skin partially in the snake hole. I've never seen that before, either.

Hike First Shop Later

1st 2:  Western Kingbird ( Tyrannus verticalis) Regular hike for Dr. K, Willow and me this morning.  We saw a Western Kingbird, a Swainson&#...