Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, October 29, 2012

Taking Mom Home

Glacier Lake, Mill Creek Metroparks, Youngstown, Ohio
Last Wednesday my brother and I met in Pittsburgh in order to bury my mother's ashes in our hometown of Youngstown, Ohio.  The following morning we watched while she was interred at Belmont Park Cemetery.  It was a sad obligation we had to fulfill, and afterward we toured one of the most beautiful spots in the area:  Mill Creek Park.  We were buoyed by nature's beauty, and reassured by what we saw that we were part of life's great mystery, the neverending cycle of birth and death.
A remnant bloom in Fellows Riverside Gardens

Brilliant red tree in Fellows Riverside Gardens

Leaves of said tree, whose name I have forgotten

Steel bridge, Mill Creek Metroparks

Canadian Goose on Smythe Island, Mill Creek MetroParks

The wetlands surrounding Smythe Island

3 comments:

Dr. K said...

Riverside Gardens is especially beautiful.

Scott said...

Makes me homesick for Ohio, Packrat. Thanks for sharing.

packrat said...

I hadn't been back in years, Scott, and I always forget how beautiful the Buckeye State really is. Western PA, too.

The Wilster and Me

Organ Mountains from Baylor Canyon Road We had to wait for a plumber from Sun City Plumbing to change out the hose bib next to the garage; f...