Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Back in the Lower Desert

Ocotillos, Ocotillo shadow and moon
We ran into Jimmy, who was just coming down the Tortugas Mountain road when we were approaching the old seismology shack.  He told me he and his wife are taking a road trip through the West in the near future, checking out Salt Lake City, Boise, Bend (Oregon) and a few other notable cities.  I've never been in any of those places, but I've heard Boise, Idaho and Bend are pretty neat cities.
Proud pose

3 comments:

Dr. K said...

I love that first photo with the moon and the shadows.

Scott said...

I've been to all three cities, Packrat; Jimmy and his wife should have a nice trip. Bend's a fine place (Kali and I considered retiring there), and Boise is a nice small city, too (we considered retiring there, too). Salt Lake City is just a big city; it's close to lots of nice natural areas, but the city itself has no appeal for Kali or me. It's a place to fly to to get close to some great outdoor activities.

packrat said...

I knew somebody from Bend, Scott, who had moved temporarily to Las Cruces to take care of her elderly father. She was working at the Dripping Springs Natural Area at the base of the Organ Mountains. She couldn't wait to get back to Bend, and had nothing but good things to say about the city and environs.

Grand Old Grand View Trail

Early morning moon Willow got an early morning surprise today; when we came back down the drive after her constitutional we stopped at the p...