Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Midweek Meanderings

Squiggling through the desert
Other than a few moments of chilliness early this morning, the weather was near perfect for a long trek west of Tortugas Mountain.  On the way back we ran into Greg, who called Becca "Bertha" several times.  He's only known her a short while, so I didn't bother correcting him.  He told me he's been hiking to the top of the mountain three times a week, trying to get back into decent physical shape.  "Only problem with my plan," he said, "is that I'm old."
Zigzagging out of the foothills

Spotting trucks on the mountain

Where the road meets the mountains

Becca sees something I don't

Tortugas Mountain from a westside arroyo

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

The desert is beginning to brown out for the winter.

The Low High Country

Morning sky Dr. K, Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, headed back home and finished packing for our trip to the high country, w...