Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Getting Chilly

The right path is quicker to the sunshine
It was chilly enough this morning that I actually considered taking the shorter route to the sunshine in order to warm up.  We didn't, and after a short warm-up period we felt just fine.  At least I did.  I doubt Becca was at all chilled.  Funny how it goes, though, less than midway into the hike it was feeling almost toasty out there.  Good thing I had on shorts and a short-sleeve shirt.  There were a few other people enjoying the desert, and as we headed back we passed two women who were bound for the top of the mountain.
Prickly Pear against Tortugas's flank

Twist and bark

The long view

Becca at rest

4 comments:

Dr. K said...

Beca knows how to pick out a good yucca for shade.

Scott said...

I like the image of the prickly pear against the mountain in shadow.

"...two women who were bound for the top of the mountain." Sounds absolutely Promethean, Packrat!

packrat said...

Bound "for" the top of the mountain, Scott, not bound "to" the top of the mountain.

:)

Scott said...

Packrat: I have to confess that I re-read your exact wording before I posted my Promethean comment, realized that I had made an error in reading your post, but decided to submit the message anyway because I was so taken with my own cleverness.

Friday Free-For-All

Soaptree Yucca at the side of LDR-A We got an early start this morning, but not as early as the Basset people and their hounds who we spotte...