Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Two-Thirds and Back

Land of the one-earred dog
Dr. K, Becca and I did our two-thirds-of-the-way-around-the-mountain hike this morning, starting off at the Monte Vista parking area and heading clockwise around Tortugas.  We were surprised by how few other outdoor enthusiasts were about considering how beautiful the day was.  We wore lightweight windbreakers at the start, but peeled them off  before half the trek was over.  We saw a nice, big Red-Tail Hawk on the southwest side of the mountain, but the picture I took of it didn't come out very good.
There's a trail up that mountain

Mountain biker with hydration pack

Pointing to the Organ Mountains

Young Barrel Cactus

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.photoextract.com/plus-extract/2012/10/12

Just wanted to give you the link to something you might be interested in on google. I am really frustrated- no one will respond to any of my pics in the past 3 days - even when I politely ask if someone could just let me know if the pics even showed up on the stream. Either they are really snobby in the photograhy circles, or I am doing something really wrong in the posting process - but it does hurt my feelings when I don't get one simple +1 click for what I feel are some of my better photos.

Anyway, you have some photos that could easily be chosen as the pic of the day...plus you know their lingo. Please let me know if you end up trying it and have a positive experience:) And thanks again for inspiring me by example to start a blog - using photos is a new way for me to express myself and I am really enjoying it. Your rambling friend, Ruby

Dr. K said...

The weather was perfect for this hike.

packrat said...

Awesome images at that site, Ruby. Not sure if I'll give it a go. Lots of talent there.

Anonymous said...

Hey - Do not sell yourself short!!! You DO have that kind of talent, or I wouldn't have taken the time to copy and paste the link!

Go through your best desert pics and then look at what is "trending" on google+ - one the other day was StoneSunday, and there were a lot of mountain shots shared. You have several photos that I have seen in just the short time that I have known you that would get a good response on any of the google + streams.

I posted a pic of Tippy on the "Family" stream and actually got a 1+. You have a lot of unique shots that deserve some recognition from the general public. As I have shared with you before, I never saw the beauty in the desert until I saw your photos. I am confident others will too:)

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...