Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, June 8, 2013

A Few Cholla Flowers

Years ago when Dr. K and I were walking in the neighborhood we saw a man working in his yard and asked if we could take a small section of a beautiful Cholla plant growing there.  He said the plant wasn't on his property, but to feel free to take a piece.  We did.  I planted it on our property, and it has flourished ever since.  Each spring it blossoms with the most beautiful flowers, and I've decided to post a few images of them here.



3 comments:

Dr. K said...

Such delicate flowers!

Scott said...

You're right; they're beautiful. If I didn't know better, I'd think they came from a rosebush.

packrat said...

They do bear a likeness to roses, Scott.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...