Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Shortened Trek

Heading down into the lower desert
Even though I abbreviated the hike by thirty minutes this morning, Becca and I still trekked for 1 1/2 hours.  She seemed to take it pretty well.  There were a lot of people on the mountain.  Most seemed to be young guys training for some kind of running event.  The two guys in the off-road vehicle had a shovel in back, and I speculated they were workers from New Mexico State University out to harvest some plants for landscaping purposes.  That's pure speculation on my part, but I think I've seen that vehicle on campus before.
Devil's Claw

Up the desert road

Workers from the university looking to harvest plants?

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

It would be hard to train in this heat.

Rim Trail Trek

Just starting off on Rim Trail 105 this morning We decided to drive to Sunspot and hike the Rim Trail which starts near the Apache Point tur...