Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

A Matter of Degrees

Becca and large Torrey Yucca
42 degrees to be exact.  That was the temperature when Becca and I set off for Tortugas Mountain this morning.  Quite a chilly start for mid-October, but we're supposed to warm up again later this week.  There weren't too many people out and about early today, perhaps because of the weather.  We couldn't go as far as we'd have liked on our trek because I had to do the weekly shopping at Target and Albertsons--one of my least favorite chores. 
 
Scouting the territory ahead

Waiting for pokey Packrat

How far Becca forged ahead (this is at 10X magnification)

Not hot enough for a shade break

An almost totally-denuded Ocotillo

Where Mr. Tacoma parked his Toyota (red dot in center)

Even with a 10X telephoto shot the truck still seems distant

2 comments:

Dr. K said...

I like the bluish tint of the shadow in the first photo.

packrat said...

Interesting, Dr. K. I was thinking the shadow looked really odd, and I wondered about the health of my old FujiFilm camera.

Hump Day Hawk

Tortugas and the Organs We got a fairly early start this morning so it wasn't hot at all:  62F.  The cloud cover helped the temperature ...