Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Reprovision Day

Up on the foothills trail
We must have had a gentle rain during the night because a) it didn't wake me and b) everything was wet, but not soaked in the morning.  Not many people were out around the mountain when Becca and I got there.  When we were headed back we heard voices and saw a few guys descending on one of the steeper trails from the top.  But we had no interaction with any other people; therefore it was a nice quiet start to the day before I had to go shopping and run errands later.
Where the sun meets the shadow of Tortugas

A well-traveled dirt road

A lot of residual moisture from recent storms

Headed back up the mountain

The clouds are over the Organ Mountains, not Tortugas

3 comments:

Dr. K said...

As Packrat says--a quiet way to start the day.

Scott said...

The clouds over the Organs (not over Tortugas) look ominous--but I know they're not.

When you photograph Becca in the shadows, she looks blue, but I don't think Becca is ever "blue."

Raining here in the northern Piedmont (Wednesday) today, but clearing is in store for the end of the week and weekend.

packrat said...

Scott:

I'm starting to wonder if that blue shadow/blue dog phenomenon is down to some glitch in blogspot. I've examined other images that contain shadows and they don't appear to be blue-tinted like that.

Becca is only "blue" when I have to go somewhere I can't take her.

Hump Day Hawk

Tortugas and the Organs We got a fairly early start this morning so it wasn't hot at all:  62F.  The cloud cover helped the temperature ...