Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

One of Those Nights

Strange clouds and a contrail
I awoke at 2:00 a.m. this morning with something on my mind, and no matter how hard I tried to drift onto other thoughts I could not get it out of my head.  Even between dream snippets I found myself revisiting the the same topic, and, as a result, I got maybe an hour of sleep all night--and that came during the sixty minutes right before the alarm jostled me from deep REM sleep.  Therefore, all during our hike and all through my shopping errands at Target and Albertsons I felt as if I was sleepwalking.  Now, in the early afternoon, I find myself wishing I could go to bed.  I can't, though, because I am definitely not a nap person.
Just follow the happy hiker

Climbing into the high foothills

El Paso's Franklin Mountains (about 40 miles distant)

Almost back to the Sunset Parking area

3 comments:

Dr. K said...

I like that last photo a lot, with the sunshine on the green desert.

Scott said...

I really like that last image of the slope of the mountain. (I see that Dr. K agrees with me.)

If I can't get back to sleep, I sometimes get up and take an ibuprofen, which usually helps after 15 minutes or so. Or, maybe it's all psychological; who knows? Recently, I've been waking up in the middle of the night with nightmares, and I don't want to go back to sleep immediately because the nightmare occasionally starts up again.

I can only nap for about 30 minutes, then I wake up and there's no reason to stay prone since I'm fully awake. Kali, on the other hand, could go to sleep at 4 p.m. and sleep through the night.

packrat said...

Thanks Dr. K and Scott. Dr. K is a great sleeper, too, Scott. She always turns in a good hour, hour-and-a-half ahead of me. If I go to bed too early I wake up long before sunrise.

Grand Old Grand View Trail

Early morning moon Willow got an early morning surprise today; when we came back down the drive after her constitutional we stopped at the p...