Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Lonely Hike

Dove eggs in a nest on the ground
At 7:30 this morning I had to drop Becca off at the vet to have a small lump surgically removed from her chest, so my trek this morning was a lonely one.  When I ran into Jimmy, he said, "Where's my girlfriend?"  He and I chatted for about twenty minutes.  When I got home later there was a message from the vet saying the procedure had gone well and Becca was good to go.  They sent the lump off for testing, but we won't hear anything for quite a few days.  Becca will be out of hiking commission for about a week because the doc doesn't want her to tear open her sutures.   Becca won't be a happy camper.
Arroyo west of Tortugas

Further west of the mountain

Closing back in again

Desert Chicory

The high trail

Blackfoot Daisy

4 comments:

Dr. K said...

So strange to not see Becca on your hikes. I missed her in these photos.

packrat said...

I know what you mean, Dr. K. Habit is such a crazy thing.

JACQUELINE said...

There's something not quite right about walking without a dog. Hope she's 100% fine! (I'm sure she'll go bonkers having to stay at home.)

packrat said...

Thanks, Jacqui. Yes, Becca is going bonkers already, but we'll just have to soldier on for a while longer.

:)

Low Country and then High

This & next:  Pyrrhuloxia (aka Desert Cardinal) Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, returning afterward to finish packing fo...