Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

One Very Happy Hiker

Becca could hardly wait to go on a hike this morning
After nearly two weeks without an energy-reducing hike Becca was more than ready to go this morning.  I made her hike behind me most of the way so she didn't overexert herself; she was very obedient.  I could tell she was really pleased to finally get out into the desert, and that made me a very happy hiker, too.  We did see the Border Patrol crew running up and down the mountain road, and I thought to myself, "I sure don't envy those recruits."  Fortunately it was cool enough so they weren't getting beaten on by the sun.
She checked out all of the sights carefully

Nothing she likes better than to get out into the desert

Across a greening valley to Bishop Cap

Some Yuccas are still blooming profusely

Same Torrey Yucca, different perspective

There's a male Scott's Oriole in that tangle of Ocotillo wands

That's the closest I could get before he flew away

4 comments:

Caroline said...

I'm glad to see Becca out and about again -- but probably not as glad as she is!!

Caroline said...

I'm glad to see Becca out and about again -- but probably not as glad as she is!!

packrat said...

Yes, Caroline, she's very happy about getting out on the trail. BTW, you didn't have to repeat yourself.

:)

Dr. K said...

Nothing better than a happy dog.

Grand Old Grand View Trail

Early morning moon Willow got an early morning surprise today; when we came back down the drive after her constitutional we stopped at the p...