Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, April 19, 2015

The Sunday Experience

Dove on a boulder
We crossed paths with two joggers and two mountain bikers on our long trek around Tortugas this morning; it wasn't surprising to encounter other outdoor enthusiasts because the weather was beautiful.  I removed my windbreaker about one-third of the way through our trek.  Pretty soon my hiking outfit will consist of short-sleeve shirt and shorts, a wide-brimmed hat and sunblock.  (I didn't mention socks and boots because they are givens.)
White-winged Doves are among the "flightiest" birds in the desert

Pencil Cholla and its shadow

Hugging the trail around the mountain

Dr. K has a whiff of a near-odorless Ocotillo flower

Becca wants to move things forward at a quicker pace

White-winged Dove on an Ocotillo wand

Sampling the tasty buds

Taking a break in the shade of a Yucca

Dr. K surveys the landscape

Heading back the way we came

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I think that dove was getting food from the ocotillo blossom.

The Low High Country

Morning sky Dr. K, Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, headed back home and finished packing for our trip to the high country, w...