Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Grand View Un'altra Volta

Mexican Barberry
Dr. K, Becca and I did the Grand View Trail again this morning, primarily because it's a short hike (about one hour and twenty minutes long).  We needed to do a short trek because we still had quite a bit of yard work to do when we got back.  I did about an hour-and-a-half of weed eating on our property; I hope I didn't consume too much fiber during the process.  I also had to deepen the water drainage ditch alongside our road so that rainwater will continue to course beside the road rather than cut into it.  My hands and biceps should be good and sore by tomorrow morning.
Bullock's Oriole?

Sacramento Mountains from the Grand View Trail

I'm going with Black-chinned Hummingbird

Hedgehog Cactus growing in rock

Another Hedgehog Cactus growing in rock

Through the cut

White Sands from the Grand View Trail

Dr. K and Becca at the midpoint ramada

Bee

It's a theme:  cactus in rock

A shady little respite

Bumblebees collecting pollen from a Sotol

These two spent more time fighting than collecting pollen

Tree of life

Several thousand feet lower than yesterday's hike

Dr. K rubbing Gage's belly

Gage is a miniature Australian Shepherd puppy

Gage is incredibly affectionate

2 comments:

Dr. K said...

I wish I had a tenth of the energy that Gage has. Puppy energy is amazing.

packrat said...

If we had that much energy, Dr. K, we'd be famous. :)

Views from the Grand View

Sacramentos We did the Grand View Trail this morning, surprised that nobody else was there on a Sunday morning.  We hiked the entire first l...